Shifting to Post-Crisis Welfare States in Europe? – Long Term and Short Term Perspectives. International conference, Germany
University of Helsinki invites you to participate in the international conference "Shifting to Post-Crisis Welfare States in Europe? – Long Term and Short Term Perspectives". The conference takes place in Berlin June 4 – 5, 2013 .
The format of the conference is a combination of plenary keynotes given by some of the most central welfare researchers of today and paper sessions where the work of well-established researchers, post-doctoral researchers and PhD students are discussed. We open up for papers on a variety of topics related to the long- and short-term transformations of welfare states:
- Current crisis and its background, response and experience across Europe
- Relationships between trust, legitimacy and the welfare state
- Poverty and social exclusion in times of crisis
- Public pensions in hard times
- Immigration and the welfare state
- Changing demography, care and gender relations
- Challenges of comparative welfare state research
- The politics of social policy – old and new actors
- Social policy concepts, classifications and language
- Life courses, intergenerational and gender relations interacting with welfare policies
- Crises and restructuring of labour markets
- EU: the problem or the solution of the welfare state in crisis
For participation please send an abstract to coordinator Heidi Haggrén(email@example.com) by February 10, 2013 . Abstracts should be about 200 words and sent as a Word or PDF attachment. Successful applicants will be informed by March 1, 2013. Deadline for full papers is May 10, 2013.
Participation in the conference is free of charge. A limited number of travel grants will be available.
For further information please visit the conference website: http://blogs.helsinki.fi/nord-wel/iwec2013 /